Saturday, February 16, 2008

Anything you want

So, I just got in from a great workout. I went to my erotic dance aroebic class today and I went to two sessions back to back. I had such a wonderful time. Only my second time out and I really wanted to experience the full effect; so I took two different classes today. The instructor for the first class was different from the last time I came and man, she worked us out. I mean, hoooooney; she was no choke. The classes were packed and if a group of women messed up, the whole class paid the price. I haven't had that much fun in a long time. You meet all types of women at these classes. All shapes, sizes, races and ages and body types. It is a great experience. We converse and we laugh. We learn and we get in shape. We have fun! My second class was one I had never taken before and man I am huuurrrrtttinnnnn. Thank goodness I jog two miles every single day that I don't go to class. Otherwise I would be no good. I am also glad for all the years I spent doing yoga. Every little bits help. I even dabbled in pilates, tai chi and chi gong. All great ways to tone up, build strength, stamina and confidence. I am just so excited I got the nerve to finally get out there and take my workout to a an actual facility and get the opportunity to meet some really great people.
I feel we as women need to work hard to come together and strengthen our communities. These days too many of us have proudly quoted "all my friends are males, because females just don't how to act." What's up with dat? Where is the sisterhood, were is the unity, were is the common bond that we as women should proudly share? Shot out to all the ladies that will let a stranger know when something is out of place on her or her clothes. Shout out to all the ladies who compliment a stranger on something about herself or her clothes. Shot out to all the women who help other women, either with getting ahead in corporate America, mentoring, preaching, being good mothers, blogging, sharing books, advice or even providing a tampon or pad to a chick you don't even know. And let's not forget the the wives, mothers, daughters and friends who hold it down. Let's come together ladies. We can help ourselves and those around us rise. Nah, I ain't no raving feminist, but I am an ambitious activist. The power in the belief in one's self is indestructible. Let's grow stronger together. I am motivated by my goals, my goal is be successful. I believe in myself and therefore it inevitable for me to all that I desire. What do you desire? Have you helped anyone today? Have you introduced yourself to anyone in a while and just had meaningless small talk? When is the last time you wore a smile just because? How you served your God today? What is the last thing you learned? Big or small, can't justify the worthiness of every single experience, just appreciate being able to conscious of the experience. Some people say certain music is a bad influence. Flip it and use as motivation, gather all the positive you can from any situation and manifest it in to your own. Mad about the strippers and hookers in the videos, get your body right and your health right; step your game up. Don't be mad at the skinny chick, ask her for health tips. I am having the time of my life and getting in great shape in a very provocative manner. There is a message to the music if you can create a method to the madness. Art is interpretation.The power is within. Life is what you make it. Make it whatever you want.

No comments: