Monday, March 31, 2008

The Waiting

Patience. Some are born with it. Others lack it and some have to train and tweak their person to heighten their level of patience. I waited until I was 18 to get my second hole in my ears, and I waited until I was 19 to get my first tattoo. I waited until I was 20 to get my belly button pierced. To date, those are still the only marking upon my temple walls. As much as I like would love to lavish my personal palace in dramatic decor, I have no threshold for pain. At all. I am such a punk. I always want to do certain things or run out and get this tat or this pierced, but I wait. I am patient with stuff like dat. But only stuff like dat. I want every one to have a very special deep meaningful purpose. So I wait. I chill. I sit back and allow time to bring me what is my hearts truest desire. Sure, I am all for Carpe Diem, seizing the day or the moment. Yet, sometimes we must think ahead to after the moment has been seized. After you live for today...what happens tomorrow. It can be beneficial and detrimental either way. You can leap and not look back. Let go and Let God. You can live for today and care about the results of tomorrow or you can delay yourself so much that when you are faced with certain situations you don't know how to react. In order to be ready for anything, one be sure to expose themselves to as much culture as possible. Never deny the opportunity to experience something. Don't ever deny yourself the pleasure...or pain. It will be a learning experience. It will be a boost to your immune system, giving strength to the third eye. So try something new. Take an alternative work out route, drive the scenic route, date the person you normally would not. Leap and don't look back. Let go and let GOD. Experience life with no boundaries. Dare, experiment, dance, laugh out loud, really, really loud. Say whats on your mind. Give into the primal. Why does logic gets to have all the fun? Why does reason get to make all the decisions? Quit that job or finally move to that place you always wanted to live. Live, what are you waiting for?

No comments: