Friday, October 10, 2008

New York, NY

Folx, commin 2 live from the New York ballroom @ the Sheraton NY. I just had the most amazing experience. A yoga concert by MC Yogi. He is increadible & he be crankin. Homeboy off the westside & just rocked da mofo hizzzouse 4 reala. Google him, u tube him. Baby boi is the truth & he starts his concert w a shout out 2 his wife. Now what hip hop rapper does dat? His lyrics r not only "yoga related" but extremely educational. & yet so much fun, referrin 2 da b boy standz, when I say G you say ganesh...alll my ladies say *ommmmmmm*. When I say Atma, u say Ghandi & so on & so on. Now I'm sittin here, 5 steps away from Russell Simmons as he talks about Yoga, hip hop, success. He is 2 funny & his fav wrd appears 2 b shit. He has 2 have the most "enlightened" sense of humor. He is so cool. 2 cool. He says he is so humbled & honored 2 b here addressin yogi & yoginis, normally speakin 2 underprivelaged & trying 2 educate them on yoga, he feels privelaged 2 b amongst people like us, & u & me. He speaks about how gangsta rappers aint as gangsta as Goerge Bush & how every rapper has a charity. Charity is Seva. Seva means 2 b woven. All r 1 & helping 1, helps the whole. To hear him speak of mudras, mantras & of poets & artists. Yoga is everything, u r yoga, we r yoga; even when u dnt knw it. U do it when u sigh out of frustration, stretch b4 a wrkout, hold the door 4 sme1. He sits w Seane Corn, a master yogini as if they r n yoga class. He speaks as a man, proud but honest, pure & true. He makes jokes about his responsibilities: bills, gas,kids, Kimora's earrings. Russell sits here crackin jokes, yet n the man I see, innocence as a child. His posture & body langauge meek, but his voice is strong. He spins his mala beads n his right hand & I see the holiness that drives him. I c the peace that makes him the amazement that he is. I hope 2 b the next Russell Simmons, the next Dr. Theresa Aba-Kay Kennedy. 2 b a powerful influence, 2 hve that type of impact & peace married 2 success. I'm on my way, 4 to even b here, proves it.

No comments: