Tuesday, September 9, 2008

& dats just what came out when I sat down

The cricketts chirp & other than that, its a pretty quiet court. Long from the bz street I knew & I damn sure miss the view. From my window. I tip toe. back, from the ledge. Still peeking over the edge. The voices n my head. Are n constant battle. Peep the lyrics, check the babble. Dig it. As I spit it. & b glad that I did it. Rose above the depths. Climbed up out the briar patch & marsh pits. I was not daddy little's girl, I had a hustler's spirit. Now its all unfolding. I know its hard to follow, but try to keep up with the story I'm telling. All the bullish I conquered made an extraordinary woman. Saying a mouthful but u still aint hearing nothin. I'm trying 2 keep a clean mouth, clear head, no datin & or fuckin. I'm tryin be about something, fuck doin it 4 nothin. Stop smoking, stop drinkin. Stop cusin. I'm on a mission. & between these sentences rests the answer. I'm cleansing. Detoxing. Praying on repeat at the start of every hour. This marks the begining of an error. I am the power. That breeds change. I am the butterfly. Stand breathless as I spread my wings. Honor, respect, loyalty, these are a few of my favorite things. And even if u dnt recognize or understand what I mean. I'm destined for greatness, who wants to come with me? I'm on dat midnight train. I'm still healing from the pain. But after every storm, I knw i'll see dat rainbow again. Searching for smething new is never ez to find. I gotta stay focused. No reniggin this time. Continue to push thru, continue to create. I, master of my destiny, kneel to the creator of my fate. I walk & stumble. Forever falling further in faith. Beneath the street lights. One young starvin artist. I'm writing for my life. All glory be to the Ritcheous. The road less traveled requires a fresh paving. Make your own footprints. What's deserved, I'm taking. I'm claiming. Speakin it over self. For all who feel weak, look up for help. Look in the mirror, then check text. Go to your bibles. Feel it in ur chest. Do all that you can, to God leave the rest.

2 comments:

ndcush said...

Still I Rise. The Rose that cracked through the pavement and that was his way of showing love. To my unborn child, WoW i just got goosebumps anticipating your first smile. Not yet conceived but already written, In the meantime all continue carrying this torch, no time for slippin. How did you smile under such circumstances, I was taking away by your speach to the judge, although I never heard this said, It was what went unspoken that intervened with a young man lying face down in the mudd. Realize that every breathe you take is an opportunity to save a life, R U really willing to make sacrifices to be more like Christ. So stand up for yourself and the family you are born from, the next time someone asks who are you, You tell them "I am God's Son". That's deadlier than a bullet, stronger than carbon fiber, sharper than a sword, i bet that will leave them breathless and before you know it, you will all be on the same tour. All around the world the same song, I never get tired of hearing it, so let it PLAY ON.

The You Axis said...

:::::leeps out seat, jumps to standing ovation....smiling...cheering:::: maybe just maybe you should start featuring some of you work...some where. Perhaps in a magazine...think about it *wink*