Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I see you

Hey there. Hello and how are you? I noticed you were watching me. Waiting in the wind. I had a feeling you were looking for me. Sorry, don't know where my head has been. I get a lil lost now and then. A lil caught up now and again. Oh yeah, been really busy; ya know I've been wandering around, casually passing the time. Glad you came to the rescue, some of your wanna-bes have been really unkind. I knew it wouldn't be much longer...I heard you coming. I thought I recognized the scent. I am thrilled to pieces that you were able to make it. Don't take that long again. I still taste your flavors. You linger over my flesh. I am one with you and you are actually right on time. Taken any longer and for sure, I would've lost my mind. I have been watching the rain and collecting the drops. I've been tasting the fire that burns in the sky. I've been a good girl. Done with all my chores. I am ready to go out and play. Can't promise I will make it home before dark...might even break curfew. That's why we work...I can't conform and you are the rules. Opposites are proven magnets and now I am your habit. Slayer on my heels, I dodge your dagger. Shot me like a bullet and scar me like a tattoo. I will keep running as long as I am being chased by you. It's a hunger, unsettling...it's unfathomable...this hot pursuit. You are the blue flame and I a summer's rain. You are the desired fortune and I am the craved flame. I can't deny that there is no introduction needed. I can feel it when you're near. My heart beats it. My dreams paint it and even when I deliberately ignore...you are always there. Haunting and stalking...staring and stripping me with your eyes. I felt the kisses that left the hickey on my shoulder while I slept. I heard your thanking for me as I rested upon your chest. You caught me that time, but I managed to get away again. You, ole trickster. Practical joker. You devilish prankster, ole funny. Back to make a mockery. But not this time love. I won't let you get me. Won't let you win. Won't let you inside. There has not been a time during this tug of war, that I have felt you played fair. So I'm evening up the score...beating the odds and not even going there. I won't have it. Na uh...not this time. I'm out doing me, living my life. I'm holding my own and making some real power moves. Uh uh, no way love...not this time...got no room for you. You always jar my axis, disrupt my groove. Once, well that's ok...never twice the fool. That I just won't do. No falling here, feet planted firmly on the ground. Standing in tree or better yet warrior, so as if for this affair, love, you and I are over.

1 comment:

ndcush said...

It's when we realize that we have no control at all that we are the most in control and when we are the most in control we realize that we are powerless and when we realize we are powerless we are at are strongest state of mind, body and sould and when we are in our strongest state of mind, body and soul (Not in that particular order) we are walking in a direction lead by the spirit and when walking in that direction we always always receive more than we could have ever imagined. Praise God