Saturday, June 7, 2008

Some UnHoly War

"If my man was fighting some unholy war. I would stand beside him" I would sew closed his bullet holes and apply ice to his swelling. I would nurse his bruises and dress his scrapes. I would cater to the wounded ego and the scratches that were made upon his soul. I would restore bravery, when his spirits grows cold and shaky. I will wed him when he questions my motives. I will back him, when he ponders over my loyalty. Making love on the battlefield...such a naughty queen. I will prove that with me at his side and his gun in holster, we will prevail. I'll see to it, you get heaven even after walking thru hell. He will conquer. With me as his queen, I will mold his empire. Birth him a mighty legacy. If my man had any doubt in his own, I will pick up the slack. When he feels there is something he may lack...with all I possess, he will know I have his back. I will write to him daily when he is away. My words so help me, be vivid even more so than the brightest colors, reaching his soul from the page. I will run the home front, keeping the dynasty safe. When the palace should find its walls without its king. I will keep it on lock. All hail the queen. The villagers will come to my council and keep me in good company. They are my equals not my subservients, and together we will fight the enemy. Should my partner in crime, find himself on the other side, of the mighty kingdom gates. The land will still flourish, a good harvest will still bless us. If my man is off protecting all in which we believe...he will win every battle...encouraged by making it home to me. It will take his sternest hand and his sharpest tongue. To keep me out armor and off the battlefield amongst the rest of them. We women left behind will fight the war with our minds. Drafting treaties and sending out missionaries. Breaking down one issue at time. Having them weakened, lost in the lust of our concubines and in the words of our priests, scholars and visionaries. Undoubtedly victories, never underestimate that which is She. That which is I. Never doubt the power of prayer, it is the shield which protects him. It is the winds upon his back and over the heads of all his men. He is their fearless leader, yet he humbles himself amongst them. He carries the sword I had designed just for his hands. I have a matching dagger that I keep tucked beneath my garments. My father taught me archery and my brother taught me fencing, packed full of deadly secrets. When it comes to the chain, I am the strongest link. Trained in the art of war, and he stills wonders why I am so much like him. I am woman, darling...made from your rib. If my man was fighting some unholy war, I would be the star that navigates his army. I would be the amulet of protection around his neck; in his pocket it is I he carries. I will raise the children smart and strong so that if ever faced with a battle all they're own, they will have the wealth of self only bestowed upon the Spartans. Saved only for the gods...if my man was fighting...I will be at his left arm, for he holds his weapon in his right. If my man was fighting, I would kiss those scars left behind. I would be the peace after the storm, the rainbow for his mind. Upon my breasts rest jewels and perfumes that he picked out. I will show my gratitude by keeping in tact his house. Respect and honor, like jasmine and Lilly. If my man was fighting, in his heart you will find me. Next to the passion and determination to forge on. I will give speeches to motivate his men, that all of your dear ladies wait; so please keep going. We will hold it down while you are away and be waiting should you send for us. We will assemble an army of own, should the enemy attempt to descend upon us. Make haste and win this thing, your descendants depend upon...your victory. Dear love if you are fighting...hear the words of your queen. Take heed to what I speak. If my man was fighting, he would never be alone, he will always have God, next in line is me.

6 comments:

ndcush said...

I think this was one of the most amazing masterpieces your hand has ever assembled, atleast from what my eyes have seen. This took me to some places I did not want to be mentally but gave me hope and something to look forward to one day in the future. It brought tears to my eyes. It left me in suspense every step wishing the work of art never ended.

The You Axis said...

Wowwww. Mr NDCush. It's nice to know my readers are able to feel on that level from something I put together. All glory be to GOD. I take none of the praise. He gives me these words. I simply deliver the message. I must admit, it pulls from so many experiences and sometimes instead of male bashing or blaming...one should look back and analyze what is it they (as a woman, adult, friend, person) truly have to offer...another or friends, fam, the world. A message about the makings of character. I am glad it gave you hope. It gives me hope. The better I become, the better match I shall receive. I just had to let it be known; for those that will cross my path and those that will read these words after I am gone: I am all these things and more. Even if one doesn't recognize...I am still here. There are others like me...men and women alike. I do it for us. Just in case anyone was wondering or had any doubt or question. Rare breads, still do exist. Can you see the music?

JStar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JStar said...

I love this lady...I have always been like this....but too bad the ones that I woulda laid my life down for...Wouldnt have done the same for me...I was thier Bonnie, but they werent my Clyde... Does he exisit??? Starting to loose hope...I just remembered my passwords...I am going to start wriitng in my blog too...

The You Axis said...

Hey darling. Cute pix. I am glad you bout to start writing on yours. I can't wait to read your thoughts. Clyde is out there, in hiding:)- or perhaps somewhere looking for you t0o. If y'all keep searching, you'll walk right past eachother...keep your eye on the prize, chin up and heart open, head strong. He'll come...one day...eventually...I hope :)- ;)

JStar said...

Yes, he will come when I least expect it! If it's meant to be God will make it so...I just posted alot of my poetry in my blog...Its not nearly all yet but its enough for now :) You may have to scroll down but the poem "Tasteless" I just wrote this morning....