Thursday, June 5, 2008

Instant Replay

Blowing shotgun kisses, going straight to the brain. ,My pulse speeds up as your touch goes racing thru my veins. I shiver and can't breathe, it's like shockwaves. Like I am suffering from an overdose, I need a you intervention. It's listening beyond the words and moving deeper than the rhythm. Hearing the ad libs intertwined with the beat. Understanding the meaning of depth. I admire your courage, going beyond the surface. You bring forth everything they sing about. Bring life to R&B. I see you. Even when I turn the other cheek. You bring it back like a lost signal, retrieved. Regained, and how profound. When others dropped the ball, you recovered the rebound. You're mission is to rebuild the great wall that is I. I am a temple, I light up your sky. When I turned away, you intercepted. A kind, no, you wouldn't accept it. When the opponent wasn't payin attention, you crossed up and crossed ova. Showing me a different side of the game. I like the way you play. You have always been right here, cheering me on. Coaching me along, you know how to keep me going. Now, I ain't afraid to admit, that I had it figured all wrong.It's been you, sweet darling, who personify the love songs. You got your shit, but still proceed with no fear. Past nor future, has any room to interfere. We going make it together, see this season thru to the end. We going for the rock, the end comes with conquering the championships. With this ball, winner take all. So much like I, yet everyday a surprise. To the victor go the spoils. I can feel it in your kiss and hear the angels when we lock eyes. Keep doing what you doing....wearing nothing but my whistle tonight

5 comments:

ndcush said...

Stars
Rainbows
Oceans
A Mountain top from the bottom up
A Mountain top from the bottom down
a 99th anniversary
Spring
Summer
fall
Winter (by the fire place)
Trapped with no escape
Freedom
Waterfalls
First Words
First Steps
Making Up
Breaking Up

The You Axis said...

wow. reader, nice perspective...but does it have to include a break up? do we no longer believe in fairytales or do happy endings not exist in ur story? my life is one big fairytale and although there has been a few bad wolves and a wicked witch or two...wit my fairy godmothers and genies in bottles all packed up...my secret weapons in tow...i will grow from a princess into a supreme queen. a knight in shining armor, hadsome prince will be comming to rescue you from these dragon days any minute now. & if not, ill have fun kissing the frogs until he does.

ndcush said...

I didn't even notice that the break up was the last thing I posted. Maybe it was unconscious but never intended to mean anything or maybe on the other hand a part of me that I was not aware of was reaching out or rather getting in the way.

The You Axis said...

The mind is tricky. It will speak even the hands is unaware and the tongue is watched over. Beauty, real. Primal. Can't deny the depth. It will find it's way to the surface.

JStar said...

Fairytales...I have long overgrown...but who knows....I am still waiting on my Prince Charming to sweep me off of my feet...but I am not holding my breathe....Love it lady...You paint beautiful pictures with your words...