Thursday, July 17, 2008

Back In Business

Hey readers. My humblest apologies. Babygirls' been off trying to move mountains. Realizing she can't please them all so she will continue to please herself. The goddess has reclaimed her place amongst the stars. Triumphant in all the she sets out to do. We riding on clouds and dancing in the moonlight. Accomplishing one goal after another. Continuing to go on business trip after business trip. Attend meeting after meeting. More responsibility, more tasks, more action, more questions. More room to move. All while working it out without breaking a sweat. I thought I was going down, but my sun is rising. The journey beginning. And not to mention stayin' oh so fly. Obstacles come, but still I rise. Dreams deferred, no I think not. Just switched up the angle and figured out a new approach. I'm raising my glass in toast position, no going back. Cocked and ready, freshly loaded, with one in the chamber. I'm blazing a new trail, perched in position. Owner of this mission. Making a statement. Leaving my mark. I a black magic in the flesh, I am music, I am art. And its not to boast, a pure declaration. Man the stones have been tossed one after the other. Getting hit from every angle. Yet God knows what I need and continues to bless me with two careers that are soaring beyond my wildest dreams. I'm booking conferences. Setting standards. Taking minutes, on committees, conference calls while on vaca. Meeting celebrities and chanting with the stars. Yes lil mamma is doing the damn thing and more. It's incredible. I would much prefer to be doing all this...fabulous outings with girlfriends and purchasing a new car. Looking for a roommate since my job is relocating, with a wonderful man at my side. But I got God on my side and my girls got my back. I am forever victorious. Learning lessons daily. Trying to keep up with my journal writing, my Japanese lessons and my daily reading of scriptures. Learning to be diligent and consistent with my jogging, working out, yoga and meditation. Be sure to keep drinking that gallon of water a day (at least) and be sure to say my prayers when I wake and before I rest. I am at a place where there is no more try and can't. There only is. Not sure how, but not concerned with the how, building the foundation for results. There is no room for fear or doubt. There is no more complaining, no need for sympathy or empathy. No more whining or pining. Only working to reaching that higher plane, that happy place. Some assistance may be needed at times, "but I'll tighten my belt 'fore I beg for help. Foolish pride is what held me together thru the years." I will be able to do all things grand. I got my prayer list tucked in my bra strap. I am armed and strapped. Equipped with the armor. I walk in glory not in worry. Babygirl is back. Lost my swag for just a minute, but I'm back in action like I never left it. I almost lost my way and thought I couldn't handle it. Stumbled and fell but picked myself up and brushed off my stilettos. Unwrinkled my dress and shook the dust out my curls. Touched up my lipstick and got that dirt of my shoulder. Changed clothes and put on a fresh head wrap. Oh, did you not hear me, when I said the royal duchess is back???!!1 Troubles arose, but I tackled it. The storm came, and I swam thru it. :::dancing to sound of singing angels::: I make my way to the throne and need not a knight to protect me nor a King to sit at my side. I will rule this kingdom, this time I get it right. Now, don't get me wrong, there will be fun along the way. But the rest of my life, the inevitable changes, well my friends, that starts today.

2 comments:

JStar said...

I know thats right lady! Do ya thang lil ma...The world is yours for the taking! God will fulfill us more than any other person on this earth can do....Without dissapointing like others do time and time again...When the road gets too tough to walk He will carry you always...Amen lady....

ndcush said...

More than a conqueror!! Born from a royal priesthood! Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ (1Peter:5).
“Count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.” James 1:2-4

"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God…and it will be given to him. But ask in faith, with no doubting." James 1:5-6

The testing of your faith results in maturity. The idea in the phrase, perfect and complete, is maturity. If you want to be a mature Christian, then thank the Lord for trials and tribulations which test your faith. It is impossible to be a mature believer apart from trials. You can be joyful in trials because you know that God is in control, and that whatever trial you face, it is not by chance. God uses each trial to test your faith so that your faith will become stronger and you will mature as a believer. Sometimes it may seem to stretch you beyond what you can take, but God will never allow you to be tested beyond what you are able to bear.

Go Harder or why bother. Do your thang!