Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Color me Music

Color me a song. Paint me n ur fav shade. From dusk til dawn & all thru the following day. Drench me n ur rhythym. Drown me down 2 the core. Paint me a song, play it evermore...Line 4 line LL Cool J's new joint...all me. I listen 2 the lyrics & watch the video & think this can't be!!! Raheem D's woman 2 Talib's Hot Thing. Young Steff must've read my mind when he wrote professional. E Badu sings me prayers via telephone. Tamia reminds them how I'm too grown 4 that. Ashanti help me find the words 2 make the declaration & Robin Thicke's evolution...is still 1 of my favorites. Floetry lays me down, while Omarion plays me the music 4 love. Crissette M, tell me again, how u can't believe he spoke 2 you. The girl coos like a dove.Give me dat Usher, J holiday, & Roy Hargrove 2. W/ an ever changin style like lil Aguilera, the class of the lady J. Scott. I got Beyonce's lil something extra. I own it like Rhianna. Sean Paul's spunk. & Diddy's...whatever he's got. Blazing like the late Aaliyah, yes like fire, HOT! I got priss down pack like Mariah & poise like A Keys. I got punk rock on lock like Lenny Kravitz & swagg that a rival Kanye. From Boston 2 FA, Canada to LA. I'm the outkast...on repeat from begininng to the end. Anthony Hamilton gots that southern thang I like & Dream will be quick to tell you I'm a ten. Fabs a movement by himself but a force when I'm with him. Marvin, Al & Marie Tina. Find me smewhere n between. A lil R.Kelly ( I like the music, not the man. Dnt b mad @ me!) I need a lil K Cole to get me by. A lil Lupe Fiasco to tickle my 3rd eye. Prefer some Rafeal Saadiq, the unplugged house of blues. I like alternative music even the latest song from Jewel. I'm a lil rock & roll, jazzy, an eclectic urban blend. Play me. I'm ur favorite song. Can't get me off ur mind. So play me again. Play me, ur fav song.Black magic woman.I'm music, every hue. I color with every crayon in my box. Soul, pure, untainted and true. I'm am the lyrics, the beat, the muse. Come color me a song but first, what flavor are you?

2 comments:

JStar said...

Beautifully written...Again...good choice of music :)

ndcush said...

Send this to the editor at every major hip-hop and r&b magazine or supporter of.