Sunday, July 20, 2008

Hey Boiz

How my men doing today? I haven't holla'd at y'all in a minute. I been chillin, you know, just doin my thug. In the midst of conquering corporate america and being the young empress that I am, my duchess mind has pondered over the question; Tryin to understand why y'all so lost. How did you y'all get so far removed? Like, seriously??? What's the mofo business? Can someone please shout out to me and let me know what's going on up in here? I can't take the lack of selflessness. All you guys seemed to have forgot the role a man is to play. A man is to be a man. Stand up and grab your sack. I know there are good men out there so where are y'all hiding? I could scream on myself and spell out all the reasons why I am the ish. I could proudly declare all these wonderful things about women and why choosing a suitor should be easier, but I won't. I want to let you know that even in these days and times, even with all the equality among the sexes...women still want to be courted. Just in case there was some confusion or you simply forgot. Let me be the one to remind you. Women still want to speak to you daily. They still like love notes and even longer love letters. Women still appreciate hard work and honesty. Why must we be so understanding and not reap any benefits? You work soooo hard and we admire that. You don't have any time bc you work so hard, but the free time you get is not spent on us. We make love when we are tired, but you won't. We listen to your woes, assist you with life, be it helping you find a job or printing out your application for college. Encouraging you to pray and forge on when life gets you down. We lift you up time and time again. We even like to take you out and "trade places." We listen to your past hardships and heartbreaks and we do it out of selflessness. We do it because we want to deepen our understanding of your mind and spirit. Yet these acts of kindness are not always reciprocated. What's up with that?! I said before on this blog, I don't mind upgrading a man, if he can cater to me first. Order, balance, structure, patience, discipline, honesty, respect, faith. Get on my level...metally, physically, emotionally. Have you men forgotten how to court, buy flowers, listen (yeah Bishop touched on that today to), ask about her interest. Did you learn any new Japanese? What about us running together? Want to go to the gym? I picked up this nail color because I thought you would like it. I saw these shoes and I thought of you, I saw this parfume and wanted to smell it on you. I saw these panties and want to see you in them. What happened to trinkets and surprises, dinner and outings. Hey lady, accompany me to this party. Hey cutestuff lets, hold hands and sit at the dock watching the day. Hey babe, can you come sit with me and tell what's going on in your world. No not just that you're fine or everything goods, what's really going on. Why y'all don't care no more? What happened to you doing the right thing? Why is it that one expects the woman to do all the things a man used to be expected to do? Is that the women have grown lazy and are willing to accept anything and everything that is tossed their way? Have we, as women, grown that desperate? Perhaps it is not the men to blame for their lacking but the women who accept it. People will only do to you what you allow. So if the man ain't doing his thing, let him go."a grown woman knows when to let you go." And fellas, ya'll know what to do. Why deal with a woman who doesn't make you WANT to do all those things? Casual gets dull and boring, it looses its luster real quick. So casual and its cousin surface...are pointless to me. If it ain't real, it ain't worth it. Ladies, have some effin self respect. Have some daggon dignity. Stop giving all of yourself and receiving nothing. You lay with these men and engage in casual sex...your car breaks down...will any of them come to your rescue? Can you call on any of them at any time, day or night to talk or chit or even come to your aide? If their phone is off, will they find alternate means of communication? Will they grow tired and weary to help you? Will they exert energy to find you when they need you? Fellas, why bother with the chicken head, you know she just makes you look bag? Why have a chick on your team and not treat her right? Why bother with the chick for sex, you know how that makes God feels? Why lay with a woman you don't respect...sex is an exchange, so you are no better than she. You don't respect her and by laying with her you don't respect yourself. How you treat others is a direct reflection of how you treat yourself. The john is no better than the whore nor the pimp for they all exchange of each other. The ritcheous, no better than the wicked, if the two parties should engage in business. Get it together ladies, get it together fellas. No reason for all these STD's and Baby mammas and baby daddy's. Get it together, now is the time, these are days. And if you don't want to play by the rules...then sit on the sidelines and watch or do us all a favor and simply stay out the game. So my question, dear readers...what position do you play?

2 comments:

JStar said...

AMEN AMEN AMEN... This is why I am single by choice...Why give of me when I am not getting the same in return...Why should I think twice about someone if they arent me. I deserve more...If he aint willing to jump hoops and run that extra mile for me, then neither am I...

ndcush said...

Question for sexysuburbian readers?
What Have you done for God today?
Speaking of hoops and running miles.“that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong.” (Eccl. 9:11.)
What Race R U Running?

http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=f318118dd536c010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=eef85991d66db010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____&hideNav=1

So if the race sometimes seems difficult, perhaps that is part of the plan of the Lord for you.Where are you currently, this time, this day, in this race of life? Where are you to be found? For some I find that they are ready to give up on themselves. The race is too difficult; the obstacles appear to be too hard. They may have failed an exam, lost a girlfriend, committed a sin, and they are ready to give up the race. When I was a campus bishop, I had ward members who would come to visit with me and say, “Bishop, I’ve gone too far. It is not possible for me to repent and come back. I might as well give up.” They had forgotten that the Lord has indicated that “though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow.” (Isa. 1:18.) There is the possibility of repentance. There is the possibility of new goals. There is the possibility of a fresh start if we will not give up on ourselves, if we will not decide too early that the race is too difficult for us.