Thursday, July 24, 2008

Centinnial

This is my 100th article/post/entry. I can't believe it. I would like to thank everyone who has checked out my site, clicked on my ads, and left comments. You guys make it possible. Seriously. I would be nothing without my readers. Thanks, a thousand times thanks. ::::Sending big hugs and singing angels your way:::...Let's recap shall we. A lil trip down memory lane. I discovered the whole "blogging" thing from attending dance class. I used to comment on theirs all the time until I decided the easiest way to begin my career in Journalism would be to start my own blog. Hoping to get published in a magazine of newspaper, I wanted my own column. With the dream that the column would lead to a book deal. My fav show ever is Sex and the City and I love how the lead character took her passion for writing and turned into her livelihood. It led to so many amazing opportunities in her life. The light bulb flicked on and it was like oohhhhh; here lies the blueprint. And even though it was a fake life on a T.V. show, it mirrors the life I want for myself (to some degree...) So I blogged and Sexy Suburbians was born. Not knowing the direction I wanted it go...I floundered around in the beginning and didn't really think it would be my catalyst to success. I wanted it to be, but I didn't really believe in myself, my skills, my abilities or my potential for greatness. However, with the right push, I journeyed further on my path to excellence. I journeyed deeper into self and found God (OMG OMG OMG OMG I just got my business cards...like right now, just this second, just after I typed in that last sentence...they were placed on my desk. I chose the design/layout. The intern asked me to choose from a few options and I gave the OK for what IIII wanted. It was an idea I pitched before and it got shot down...pitched again by a coworker it became all the rave, oh the best idea ever...well even without getting credit, I got the satisfaction of getting what I wanted...which of course is more about the good of the company than it is about me...but idea came to life and I got to chose what I wanted...man all glory be to GOD *insert Amen here*.) I then wanted to get the nerve to start attending spoken word and poetry readings. I am so shy when it comes to the spotlight, but I can tackle business like no other. It's when it's me, raw and uncut do I feel the pressure of performing above and beyond. But anywho, back to the blog. I wanted to venture out to these places but didn't want others to steal my work in an attempt to get noticed. So I went and got copy written... oh yeah, oh yeah. I went and made myself official. So now all copy written and everything, I was ready to journey into MYSPACE. I got that set up and was like OK...more people have the opportunity to read my work, but they can't take and make it their own because I'm official...oh yeah oh yeah. So I tackled the myspace monster and as of last Thursday, I went ahead and made the plunge into FACEBOOK. So now even more people get the chance to see my work. The cool thing about myspace and facebook is that it sends updates to your friends. So when I post, they know. Right away, they know. So OK OK, here is the extra extra cool part...you ready? I set up the mobi blog thing. (Sorry I'm an artsy type of chick, don't get with all the comp lingo or proper technological term, but I imagine you can keep up with slowness...) So I can blog from my cell and it post to this site...this site feeds it to my myspace and facebook page automatically and almost instantaneously. Then my friends get a message that I have posted a new article. Hot Dog! Babygirl is makin moves... I dare you to keep up;-) Fittin to get a business card designed for the blog but I am working with Magazine that I will have to have a card for and I am wondering how the founder of the Mag would feel about me doing double sided cards. One to promote the Mag and that company and the other side for my blog. I don't know how I feel about having to hand out two separate cards...but I will. With no problem, oh yesssirr, I most certainly will.

Now about this Magazine I am working for. It's a company that will uplift the community in it's entirety. The metaphor the young founder and president used was that of a rising tide...when the tide rises so does the boat, so does everyone on the boat. An uplifting if you will. Young and old. We have no set demographic...we branching out before we even take off. But seriously, it's a small group of young professionals who are determined to do some pretty amazing things. We are small but mighty. We have a vision, we have a plan and we have the will and determination to put it into action. There will be short films, a beauty pageant Spring of 09 and of course the magazine. We will be out in the community for good and bad. We will be on the scene in the face of tragedy. We will be in attendance at events like "For Sisters Only" and other things of that nature. We will also host some positive events like marches, block parties, pool parties, places were local artists can get "put on" and major artists can give back. We are going to do so much, so be on the look out for us...change is a commin' ;-)"Cuz we takin OVAAAAAAAA...one city at a time." We are in the process of planning our first fundraiser so be on the look out for info. I expect all you who even take a peak a this blog to attend. It's local and the address will be really easy to find.

Success is a habit...get like me. Meditation and prayer is habit...put it in the air. I am so blessed. As I sit back and watch my dreams unfold, I am awed speechless by God's awesome grace. He is phenomenal and I can't even find the words to express my joy. I do all this and still find time to go on business trips for my full time job. My career(s) are moving at such a fast pace, I just hope I can keep up. "Never would made it, without you."

4 comments:

JStar said...

CONGRATS lady!!!! Do ya thang ma...Just like you have been doing...If yall need any help with the magazine thing, let me know...

The You Axis said...

Thank you thank you thank you thank you. I am soooooooooooooooo happppppppyyyyyy and I love you...if I do need anything, you'll be the first to know. Have a great day. Write ya lata;-)

ndcush said...

I'm Stronger, I'm Wiser, I'm Better, So Much Better. Is there any body else on this blog other than me that declare you made it, tell your neighbor, never would have made it, never would have made it, never could have made it without you. When I look back at all you brought through, I can see you were the one I held on to:) :)
Just a little Marvin Sapp in the morning will get God's children clapping, his praisors prayin, his singers singing, his warriors fighting. Your a living testimony. You represent something greater than yourself. Don't ever forget that, not for one moment. It's not about us, it's about JESUS:) All trials and tribulations can be counted as pure joy. When we can look down from the mountain top or back over the hills, That's the joy, the wisdom, the strength and man oh man the "Favor" Favor- Preperation for an opportunity God is getting ready to present you with. He has to prepare us. We have to be ready to take on the responsibility of the position he is going to give us, we have to be prepared to receive his blessings. Keep it up. God is proud of you.

ndcush said...

Now put a devotional on the blog today for your readers:)