Wednesday, August 27, 2008

More Than Words

So tell me folks, when is it OK to "live for the moment;" since everyone seems to have all these "rules" about this and that? And I mean that in the nicest way because I've got a plenty of my own. But I'm asking, when is it OK to break "said" rules? When does one get permission to be more or less? Is there like a time limit or pass, a yellow or green slip or a note? I didn't get the memo on the requirements. Perhaps I was out being superwoman and just missed it or maybe I was somewhere sitting in lotus sippin tea. Point is, I must've missed something.

No one is at fault here but me, but I thought there was room, for I don't know...human error or better yet, temporary lapse of sanity. I thought when a person said, they weren't going to judge you, they meant just that?! Guess not...damn shame too:::Shakes head::: It's so funny how quick people turn around. What's more amusing is that I take full responsibility here. I went against my word, my principles, core values, morals, blah blah blah. Then freaked out about it. One thing about letting your hair down is one must do so without reservation. Don't play the game, break the rules and then be mad for getting disqualified.

We all know that every action has a reaction. We all know that once a decision is made, 9 times out of 10, it's irreversible. So if you're going do something, be sure you're sure. I mean be doubly, triply, quadruply sure!!! Don't do it, then trip! If you going do it, keep that same attitude you had...don't go 2nd guessing yourself all after the fact. Panic is counterproductive. It can take a bad situation and make it worse. Especially if in the end of it all, you realized (too late) you were being a tad over dramatic; and it wasn't even all that serious.

Do be careful. If you're to going stand for something then dammit, stand! Put your foot down, find your center and stand your ground. Don't be tempted, shaken and damn sure don't be moved. Hold you position, find you center and hold your position.


Sure we all make mistakes, and 9/10x it ain't that deep. But those same lil not that deep mistakes, can yield some pretty serious consequences. So if you hold yourself to a certain standard, don't lower the bar just because it may be want you at the time. Think long term. Certain situations apply a different kind of pressure than others. Sometimes it will be morally challenging and extra hard. Just keep your faith. Stand your ground and stand strong. Hold steady in your beliefs. Of course, be receptive to what other try to teach you, but do not by any means, be distracted. Be optimistic about the possiblities, but don't be blindingly naive. ( A common mistake of mine) The label can read anything. So flip it, if you do wrong and normally do right, think about the opponent...with all the right goin on, what's REALLY wrong? Are they who they appear to be?

Living for the moment is cool, but it might not be so cool when that moment is over. See to you (the committer of said "temporary laspe of sanity") it was just a moment. You spend so much time being this and that, that you begin to ask yourself, why not versus why? You figure, because you never do it, just this once is aigght. No biggie. Hell, it might turn out better than I ever imagined and not as bad as I have always dreaded. I should be allowed!!! Ya know, I should get a "pass"!!! Especially since I never do. You get to thinkin so why the heck not? You may think, it's OK. What's the worst that can happen. Most likely you try to abandon thoughts about the worst case scenario BC that's what keep you from doing it in the first place. You wouldn't have to contemplate on it so hard if it was something you would normally do. But when stepping outside the norm be sure to tread softly. Some people might want you to present some sort of special card or something that announces :::picks up bullhorn as card is retrieved from pink wallet, clears throat::: this is not the "norm"...today I just to want to have fun. Don't judge me, (not that I care if you do,) but DAMN...even the primest of the proper likes to take a risk and just enjoy life. Without rules and without assessment. I am not a machine. I make mistakes. This does not mean I am not who I say I am or who I claim to be. But no one can be perfect 25/8 Sure, actions speak louder than words and that's true...but if I am less than who I portray to be, please tell me, who are you? Surely not who you seemed? But if I allude to anything like that, then I'm the one whose crazy.

But all in all, @ the end of the day rules are rules for a reason and one should live by that golden rule, if you can't stand the heat, stay out the kitchen. Don't hate the players, hate the game. Play your cards as they are dealt, but keep your poker face on. The game is 50/50.(You might as well flip a coin thinkin like that) So even if and when we do stuff that leave us as pawns on others chess boards, it's never too late to think three moves ahead and resume the most powerful position. Take hold of the sticks and get back in the game. You made a wrong move, but one wrong move does not a loser make. Dust yourself off and keep on keepin on. I wonder what it is about the fruit that makes one yeild to its temptation.

2 comments:

ndcush said...

Let Jay take it from here

"Only he who is without sin
can tell me if my means justifies my ends"

The You Axis said...

Yep yep, I'll 2nd that. Thanks ndcush.