Sunday, November 2, 2008

Tears n a Wine Glass

A day n the life. A piece of the mind. A small glimpse n2, a once upon a time. A day n the books. A day on grind. Sme time w the ladies & some shoppin 2 unwind. Repeat. & out 2 eat. On any given day. Dats how me & my ladies roll, we even talk shit bout football on Sunday. Laugh, grind, study. VIP. Pray. Press Play. Rewind & repeat; excercise & write, that's basically me. Until that busy fall day. Until we crossed paths. I now look over @ the clothes 2 fold. & 2 myself, quietly think back. 2 how u snatched!:~) & put on ur head that pair of pajama pants. I laugh. Reach over, & grab my wine glass. Sit back & grab the pad...& give n. 2 the pen. Like I did u. Tyrin b so cool. 2 Down right rude. It's so chopped & screwed:( & I'm 2 blame. U had my heart b4 I even seen ur face. I knw that day. Fate was out 2 play. When I 1st heard ur baritone. No accident u called my phone. We met & it was on. I got alarmed. & now instead of a future. U'll b a fallen leaf n 08's October. Sober thoughts, drunk off the memory. & I look n the wine glass 2 find a reflection of he. Intoxicating. The blending of chocalate & amber. Its a sweet escape, come back November. B 4 it began. & now the colors aren't as bright unless painted by ur hands. Music blasts, but n my mind, I hear only u. U were loyal & true. How cld I do that 2 u? Sad autumn, gets colder everyday. U kissed away the lonely, gave me butterflies n that special way. I'm just goin wait. It was coincidence. The wind blew u this way once, u'll find ur way back again. They say lightening doesn't strike n the same place twice. We defied the odds once, let's defy gravity 2nite. I sit & look over @ my perfectly pedicured toes & my manicured nails. My books & from the mall my latest good smells. I look over @ the door & remember how tall. How tender & how cool. Had 2 confess 2 the gurlz how I lost my cool. How I broke all the rules. & instead of a future. U'll. B but a fallen leaf n autumn of 08's past. Evr will I miss u as I sit & let the tears frm my pen, spill over n2 my wine glass.

No comments: