Wednesday, November 26, 2008

What was it like?

Do u remember falling n love 4 the 1st time? What was it like? Did u feel butterflies when u saw them? Did ur palms get clamy? Did ur heart race? Did u begin 2 sweat ever so slightly out of nervousness? Did u melt @ the mere touch or hug? Funny how the smallest gesture or facial expression can light up a room. A day or a person's outlook on life. I'm lost, somewhere between knowing & not. I'm jaded, caught between caring & not. Im, perplexed, challenged. & the ever confident Phoenix is now, well, not. I am but I'm not. C I've been slighlty thrown off my axis. Still rotating on course but I switched beats. Something has changed. The stars predicted a shift. How does 1 know? How does 1 let go & abandon a past 2 look 2 & embrace the future? I mean, is it supposed 2 b this unnerving? Y am I so deserving? Is love supposed 2 take u on every emotional rollercoaster ride? Is it supposed to feel this good? Is being n love supposed 2 be so right? See I'm no expert on love & given my track record, have never ever, ever ever experienced ginuine, real true love. It may seem hard 2 believe but as Chapter 23 comes to an end & chapter 24 approaches, I cnt help but take notice of the fact that I'm n no rush to love. But as love (dat bitch) does what it wants when it wants, I find that it has been chasing me 4 quite some time! Since Feb!...i finally stopped running. Out of breath, all toned, sweaty a glistening. I stopped 2 check my pulse & I found his rythym. Now I can't sleep, can't eat, my every thoughts of him. I am his rib & he is mine. Can I just see u every morning when I open my eyes? I'm n shock @ how much love & appreciation 2 people can share. Was ur 1st love real protective of u? How do u know if ur fallin 2 fast? What if doesn't feel like fallin? but more like flying, floating? Did they show u the world or share theirs? Did they take u n their arms & hold u real tight? Did u make laughter all day & love all night? bein n love 4 the 1st time, do u remember what that felt like?

3 comments:

ndcush said...

Totally Random, Inspired by classical music

ndcush said...

Moonlight and Sunset

As I look up at the Moonlight and wake up to the sunset
Memories of the two that never existed between us
Is my only regret.
As day winds down and the moon light shines upon your face
If this image is dream
I don’t ever want to awake.
This image of you I would hold on to through the night
And as the sunsets the first thing I want to remember
Is the last time you and I said goodnight.
The sun upon your face
An image I will never forget
As long as my heart beats, What might have been
Will forever be my sunset.

The You Axis said...

wow...i wish classical music could permit me to write like that. I cried. And I think I will everytime I read it. wow...good stuff. I really should listen to more classical music. This was beautiful cush. It said so much in such few words. You have a profound way of capturing the intricate details, in a small amount of time. even tho I want to cry everytime i read it, I can't stop reading it