Thursday, May 22, 2008

Just

My back aches
as my music plays
I paint and think of you
My pictures are but these words
Cannot capture the ray of light suspended in morning dew
There are humming birds and turtle doves
Swans roam and frolic in the garden of us
That never was
Like the shooting star at sunrise
And the flower blossoming in the pale moonlight
The wolf howling and eagle soars
I spread my wings and take flight
illuminating beneath you
Yet still I am blazing my own light
Setting fire to a new sky
Found a loop hole
and you could hop galaxy to galaxy
Search the coldest caves of mars and meet lady Venus herself
Spend a night with Aphrodite and
still never step within a realm
of one such a me
Rotating on my own axis
For this, I will not apologize
You can find a million jewels
none as captivating as my eyes
It's not a spell
Simply a gift
Even better the way you show me you how you recognize and appreciate this
I curse and a it's a curse and oh
whoa is me
But no, uh uh not I
For should you ever wonder where I've gone
Look for me in the sunrise
My grandma named me sunshine
I am playing on the shooting star at dawn
and my birthright is one that is more than uncanny
you can travel the ends to every end of the earth
Never ecountering another such as me
I am your common sense and your fantacy
I am the good girl with the rebellious streak
Come
just play here and be bad with me