Saturday, May 24, 2008

Missing

Not seeing you for so long. I often dream of you at dawn. Been an eternity since I smelled your scent lingering over my skin. Been even longer since I've felt your strength. Been a long long time, since our maons played on repeat like my favorite song. Been so long since I felt you arms engulphing me. Been even longer, since I licked you off of me. Been a minute since I looked deep in your eyes. And I cannot ever recall a time you held me so tight. I was nervous, it was like our first time. I was waiting for you, aging like wine. Keeping the fruit ripe, keeping it untampered with and tight. It's been so long since I've felt you take over me. It's been even longer since you went that deep. It's been a new moon or two since I have passed through this way. It's been many a night and lonely were the days. It's been an anticipation that just wouldn't quick. It's been so long since I tasted your kiss. I heard angels giggling off in the distant wind...when you spoke my name and invited me in. Stole a glimpse of joy that twinkled in you eyes. To have you once more, do not take such a long time. I was shy and it was like meeting you all over again. Once a lover, always a friend. I couldn't find my balance. Couldn't catch the rythym. I was lost in your trance...like I have never been there before. I had to remember my lessons. Review what I have been taught. I was skipping class, running wild like a fugitive until you saw fit for me to get caught. I had to stay after for detention and almost repeat the semester. I can't wait to graduate from blindfolds to frenchticklers, swings and feathers. I can do it crown royal on ice but, you make it better. I am the sky, come decorate my flesh like the clouds. I am electric and you are thundering loud. I am the night, you are the warrior sent to conquer. You are herculies and I a phoenix goddess. I was made to please you and you to please i...we get it poppin anywhere anyplace anytime. Lost in a moment in time. Damn come back this way when? I can see you on the other side. Catch you in my mind. I can still see us clearly kissing. Then I wake, with the sun in my face and realize I have never met you and you are still missing.

3 comments:

ndcush said...

A wise woman told me to stop looking, it will find you.

The You Axis said...

Now how did I know you were going to say something like that?!:)i(

The You Axis said...

And yet the irony of it all is that it is written to be missing has actually already been discovered, uncovered and has had its way with me. My favorite mistake will be my favorite memory ):(