Monday, May 12, 2008

Something Like Spring

Fresh flowers perfume the room
That and the candles burning nonstop
Sirens wailing in the distance
Neo Soul in the background
Rain falling while
the lyrics of our song play on repeat
The aggression behind the passion
Intoxicating is the enticing
Set fire to a flame that burns endlessly
Sparked light to a flicker that shines shamelessly
I am more of the woman I aspire to be with each day that passes
Not many moons have surfaced during my conception
Yet the soul embodying the flesh is ancient
Equipped with the wisdom beyond my years
I hear the joy in your tears
Delicately Timed, intractably placed
Time yields improvement
If you down to be apart of the movement
Found to be as you mold
Boundless to be tamed by you
Fearless
Nurturing
Willing
Flawed and not quite ripe
Unknowingly needed to be taken under wing
All the tools to teach
Simply in need of a lil tweaking
Learned a thing or two
With you as the wind I fly
With you as pen, I create

1 comment:

ndcush said...

"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome".

April comes like an idiot, babbling and strewing flowers
":)

I heard a thousand blended notes
While in a grove I sate reclined,
In that sweet mood when pleasant thoughts
Bring sad thoughts to the mind.

To her fair works did Nature link
The human soul that through me ran;
And much it grieved my heart to think
What Man has made of Man.

Through primrose tufts, in that sweet bower,
The periwinkle trail'd its wreaths;
And 'tis my faith that every flower
Enjoys the air it breathes.

The birds around me hopp'd and play'd,
Their thoughts I cannot measure,—
But the least motion which they made
It seem'd a thrill of pleasure.

The budding twigs spread out their fan
To catch the breezy air;
And I must think, do all I can,
That there was pleasure there.

If this belief from heaven be sent,
If such be Nature's holy plan,
Have I not reason to lament
What Man has made of Man?