Sunday, May 4, 2008

Playlist

Raheem DeVaughn (the entire second cd) with a lil J. Holiday. That'll get my attention. Now put on the sweet sound of Tamia. Music for love by Mario and the select few off the first Musiq album. Love Sounds from Timberlake and a lil bit of Joss Stone. Roy Hargrove, Eric Roberson and Guapale. Some Anthony Hamilton and Billy Holiday. Teena Marie and Marvin Gaye. Some Pendergrass, Faith and Mariah Carey. Al Green, Jamie Foxx and R. Kelly. Dig out the Dru Hill and the first Beyonce. Break out the 112 and must have poetry from my ladies Floetry. Old En Vougue, some throw back Excape. Miss Keys and let Maxwell tell it. Some Ginuwine, Backstreet and Rubben Studdard...oh please tell me how beautiful. Some good Toni Braxton and Dave Holister. My boys Tank and Jaheim. E Badu and Neo. Some Curtis Mayfield too. The American Dream and Omarion...some One-In-A-Million Aaliyah. Just to name a few. How captivating and manipulating music is. The lyrics, the instruments, the harmony, the melodies. Whatever you call it. Whatever part moves you the most...nothing compares to music. Talent beyond measure, the gift of song. To master and dominate language. To use words to your advantage. I learned along time ago the pen is mightier than the sword and I also learned the tongue can be a weapon. How blessed are we that so many use their power for good and not evil. There are millions of languages, dialect and there are that many more different types of music. I take time to experience as many different types as possible. Even if I can't understand a word of it, music still has a way of getting through to the soul. The message can be felt even if it cannot be heard. The way deaf still pick up rhythm and vibration. Some languages are vibrational languages with a purpose and a pulse. Just sit back and get lost in it. Bathe in it. Let it wash over you like an ocean. Try listening to someone else's play list. You just might like it.

1 comment:

ndcush said...

MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC:) Say my name, say my name. I bet you forgot all about "MUSIC". Come to think of it, I have not heard "MUSIC" in a long time. It's a privelage to be able to hear and feel "MUSIC":)