Friday, May 9, 2008

My, My, My

Ladies, how are we today? Very well I hope. I wanted to inquire today about whether or not we are what we say we are? Do we represent all that we should or all that we think we do? Yeah, image is nothing. But is that entirely true? In today's society, image is everything. The media and images of influence surround us and invade our phsyce 24/7. We are even susceptible to such in our sleep. So how do we, all day every day, portray all that we hope to? If you say you are a Christian or Catholic, Methodist or Baptist and don't regularly attend service, but regularly hit the bar; are you less "Holy" than one who does? If you want to be treated like a lady, shouldn't you always represent the image of such? How can you go to a church outing, then go the club, then back to church on Sunday morning? Is there something wrong with being responsible, grounded and successful and then taking a moment in between prayer sessions and working out to let your hair down? Is it OK to do your yoga, meditate and go to school and then be wildly kinky in the bedroom? I feel it's all about balance. Classiness radiates from within. Respect is demanded and earned. I have met doctors, lawyers and teachers in exotic dance class and I have met pediatric surgeons at the club. I believe a woman, a real lady is respected no matter her attire. It's a matter of taste, an opinion of the observer. I feel that a man, in the same light can be who he is at heart and still represent God in all that he does. Women, have to command the attention of royalty. Carry yourself in the manner that you desire to be treated. Be careful not to over do it. Don't walk around all stank. Just let off the aura of a person who is confident. Who is sure that they have purpose. Let the joy and appreciation for your own life be reflected in the kindness you give to others. A smile is always free and there is a way to be kind and personable without being invasive or flirty. Once again, it is about balance. Some people are born with it. A camillion like nature, that enables them to blend and move, alter at a whim. A knack for knowing when to cut it on and off. Some say when you truly walk in the path of righteousness, there is no cutting it on an off. 24/7 365, 366 of the leap year. You are what you say are. I say that no one should push themselves too hard in any one direction. Choose your path and chart your course wisely. Do what works for you. Be aware of the environment, and keep you senses clear. Never get caught slippin and always remain true to yourself. Don't be afraid to change. Change is inevitable, embrace it. There is always room for improvement. Be observant and take notes. Be open to learning a better way. If you don't want to be called a bitch, freak or whore don't like act one. Language is tricky. Choose your words wisely. How many of have double standards?...ladies, we call ourselves bitches and hoes, sluts and freaks amongst ourselves. Yet let a man do it and he already know by them time it leaves his lips, it's fittin to be war of the titans in this piece. And fellas, get mad when a lady say men are dogs, but then all day every day talkin bout some what up dawg, what up nigga. I now people who are attempting to change that. Calling men king and prince and calling women lady, queen. Let's not even get started on some of the lyrics to songs we sing along to. But it's all context. It's all comes back to balance. I listen to gospel and rap and I don't feel bad about it. I love R&B, slow jams and sex music, but can't get enough of rap songs that talk about getting money-it's what I want to hear to get me through the afternoon at work, helps keep me motivated. I take all this and feel it has the same affect as clothing and behavior. There is a time and a place for everything. No explanation needed!!

1 comment:

ndcush said...

I think you touch on some very good points. All I can is "Excellence is not an act it's a habbit and you are what you repeatedly do".